We have spent the last few weeks or so processing oodles of photos, writing reports, working on a video and talking to the media. Here’s a great first review thanks to Wartapala Indonesia and we also made the National newspaper, Kompas!
Throughout this whole process we have been amazed with the openness, creativity and enthusiasm with which people have embraced the project. It has grown organically and at times surprisingly, completely taking on a life of its own. It has now become something that belongs to everybody.
The final statistics:
- We presented six performances
- We worked with over twenty professional local artists
- We worked with 300 children, across seven different organisations
- New friendships, partnerships and collaborations were forged
We also have a very shiny new video so you can relive the whole journey! This video is now on Steemit, which means Yayasan Permakultur Kalimantan receive donations for every like you give! Head over to Steemit and click like to support them.
Finally we want to extend a very big hearted thank you to everyone who has been involved in what became the epic Penjelajahan Orangutan. We had the help of artists, children, volunteers, managers, friends and family from across the globe. This is not an exhaustive list, but a work in progress. Please get in touch if you would like to be included on the site!
Australian Team: Mitchell Reese, Shani Moffat & Matina Moutzouris
Yayasan Permakultur Kalimantan Team: Jayadi Abdul Paembonan, Frederika Paembonan, Noor Julaiha & Imron
Indonesian Artists: Dedy Harsono, Yazid Kurniawan, Muhammad Syaifullah, Hamsiah (Acie), Asra’i Iqra Praha, Fatlas Adica Tyas, Safitri Dwi Wulahdari, Mohamad Alimulhuda, Joviam Caleb Oroh, Sugeng, Fedrik, Muhayar, Susva Amiyana, Abdul Hafiz Amrullah, Rizky Marselyno, Jeffri Adi, Sulistyo, Muhammad Maulana Razaqui, Enang Amir
Thanks to all the organisations that hosted or contributed to the project:
- Government of the City of Palangka Raya (Kota Palangka Raya)
- Sanggar Seni Dan Budaya Tunjung Nyaho Palanka Raya & Charlie R Nahan
- Hornbill in Flight
- Kommunitas Teater Palangka Raya
- Kommunitas Mahasiswa Pencinta Alam (Students Who Love the Jungle)
- Bina Cita Utama (Rungan Sari)
- Sekolah Dasar (State Primary School) Sukamulya
- Sekolah Dasar Negeri (State Primary School) Sei Gohong
- Panti Asuhan Kristen Agape (Banturung Orphanage)
- Sekolah Dasar (State Primary School) Habaring Hurung
- Sekolah Dasar Negeri (State Primary School) Percobaan Palangka Raya)
- Wow Borneo/ Kalimantan Tour Destinations & Gaye Thavison
- OuTrop (Kereng)
- Borneo Productions & William Shelmerdine
- Karen & John Boyd Macdonald